Thursday, December 24, 2009

Sooooooo.....

Guess what?




I'M ENGAGED! Oh yes, my friends! It happened! James proposed tonight in front of his entire family, and I - of course - said YES! Wanna hear the story? Well, if you don't then stop reading now.


It was Christmas Eve and all through the house, everyone was excited because the family tradition is opening one gift on Christmas Eve! It's typically pajamas, which is what I got (thank you James) but then James' mom handed me another gift. I opened it, and it was my very own, handmade, personal stocking, with my name written on it. This was extremely special because usually people don't get a stocking until they've married into the family. So I cried because it was so sweet and it meant I was part of the family already. Then we watched his other family members open their pajama presents, while I hugged my beloved stocking to myself. After the presents had been opened, someone said, "Well, is that everything?" Everyone nodded. Then James said, "Actually...I have one more gift...for Emma." He pulled out a medium sized present and handed it to me. I started shaking. I thought, "Oh. My. Gosh. Is this it? No no no...don't psyche yourself out Emma. He told you he couldn't afford it yet. This isn't it." So - shaking - I unwrapped the present. Inside was another, slightly smaller, wrapped present. I laughed and unwrapped that present, only to find another - you guessed it - slightly smaller wrapped present. This happened a couple more times before I came to an oval, wooden box. Breath held, I opened the box and saw...nothing. I showed the empty box to James and he laughed. He said, "It's a promise." I looked down, trying to figure out what that meant, and when I looked up he was down on one knee - ring in hand. I threw my hands over my face and started sobbing happily. Then James said,"Emma, I love you. And I would be honored if you would be my wife and become a part of this family. Will you marry me?" Squeals from his family ensued as I managed to sob out a, "YES!" We hugged and both cried together and after a very happy kiss, he put the ring on my finger. His brother filmed the entire thing. And even though my hair has that weird I-had-my-hair-in-a-ponytail-earlier look, and I'm crying throughout most of it, I'm still very happy that it was filmed. Afterwards his family (and I mean his WHOLE family. All of his 6 other siblings were there, 2 with husbands and children, along with his grandmother, his mother, and his step-father.) came up and hugged us and congratulated us. And, of course, pictures were taken.
I am elated. Walking on a cloud. Still in a little bit of shock. I can't stop looking at this GORGEOUS ring. I'm the happiest, luckiest girl in the world.









3 comments:

R said...

The boy's done himself proud...what an excellent story...shows class, brains, and a huge geart. BTW, did you know your hair has that wierd look like it was just in a ponytail? Kinda cute, though!!!!

Ruttan

R said...

geart? oooppss...HEART

yemj said...

har har har. thanks ruttan!!! he is very classy, brainy, and huge-hearted...only some of the reasons why i said 'yes'!