Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's Winter

I can't believe it's already December. It's absolute madness! I feel like it was summer last week. Where did the time go? I've been living in Utah for almost a year, working at G.S. for 6 months. Which is quite a feat for me since I never usually stay at a job for longer than 4 months.
While looking up flight prices to visit Canada in January, I took a peek a cruise prices. They're actually kind of cheap! Although I just did a general search with no specific dates or destinations, so there's probably some sort of sneaky fee hiding somewhere if I looked into it further. But now I really want to go on a cruise! I've never been on one, aside from when I was 16 and me and my mom took a "cruise" on this really crappy boat. Not a cruise ship, I refuse to call it that. It looked like a tugboat compared to the other cruise ships. But we did get to go to the Bahamas. It was one of those time share things where they trick you into thinking you're getting a really good deal but you're actually not. Anyway. I want to go on a real cruise. Someday.
Since it really is December, that means it really is winter now. I decided to make a little playlist of songs that make me think of winter. They're not all necessarily about winter, but they're just songs that - in some way or another - remind me of winter.


Bloc Party - Signs
(I think it's the bells in this that make me think of winter. Winter = songs with bells)




Joni Mitchell - River



Iron and Wine - Cinders And Smoke
(The harmonies in this feel like winter to me. Plus cinders and smoke = fire = winter)



Feist - Mushaboom
(She talks about "knee deep snow" in this song.)



Rogue Wave - Eyes
(I think the main reason this reminds me of winter is because it was in the movie Just Friends and the whole movie is set during the winter.)



That's all I can think of...but if I think of any more I'll be sure to post them throughout this winter!



P.S. The beauty of living in Utah is that it's only snowed once here. It hasn't snowed at all in Kanab. Hahahah!

No comments: