Friday, November 6, 2009

I'm the worst procrastinator of all time

I'm eating cold toast and coffee. I should be getting ready for work. But am I? No...not really. I was absolutely delighted when I looked in my dad's fridge this morning (I stayed the night because I worked til 2 a.m. then have to work at noon today and my house is a 45 minute drive away) and saw Orange Marmalade! I looooooooove Orange Marmalade. Whenever I eat it, I think of Canada. Eating cold toast and tea. And then I remember this story that one of my old friends told me once about visiting his gramma. My friend was visiting his gramma one time and it's apparently an old tradition or just something that they do regularly where she lives to eat cold toast and tea. So she made some tea and toast for my friend and he ate and drank happily. But his gramma was starting to have memory problems so she'd forget how much toast she already made him and make him some more. Being the nice, polite boy that he was, he couldn't break his gramma's heart and refuse...so he just kept eating more toast. And she kept making more toast. Pretty soon he'd eaten an entire loaf of bread. And his gramma was probably wondering where all her bread went.
At least I'm pretty sure that's how the story went. It was many years ago that I heard it. I just thought it was so funny and sweet. So now when I eat cold toast and tea, I think of that story. And I think of Canada.
The end.

5 comments:

Aceblade said...

I thought the story was about me!
...until I realized I hate marmalade...with a fiery Nutella passion.

yemj said...

Haha no...it was about someone else! Sorry!
I love marmalade. But probably not as much as nutella...

Kara said...

Aw I know whose story that is. Thats nice Emma. Also Nutella is fucking luxurious.

yemj said...

i thought you might know whose story that was, kara :)

Kara said...

More blog now thank you. I know you must be up to something grand down there mizzemma